Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Happy 5th birthday Jeremiah!

On September 15, 2011 at 6:45 a.m., Jeremiah came into my bedroom and said "Mommy! It's my BIRTHDAY!" Since I had only gone to bed about 3 hours earlier, I had been hoping his birthday would start a little bit later, but I loved that he was so excited. He had been to a couple birthday parties for his cousins Jack and Joshua, so he knew what they were about. He had been asking for cake for almost a month so his next question was "Mommy, cake today?" In addition to that cake, we also went to the zoo, had homemade pepperoni pizza, and opened presents from us.  It was really so fun to see how excited he was about every present he opened. It didn't matter what it was...it was just something new to him and it was FOR him! I'm not sure who enjoyed it more...me or him.

Today, we had the extended family birthday party. We had 24 people in our house and it was chaos, but so much fun. The people who attended were: Grandpa and Grandma Druckenmiller, Uncle John and cousin Ashley Druckenmiller, Granddad and Grandma Kelley, Uncle Bruce, Aunt Carol, James and Rebecca Kelley, Uncle Brian, Jack, and Joshua Kelley, Natalie, David, and Paul Tompkins, Rick and Ellie Klassen, and Marc and Christine Tompkins. Once again Jeremiah had a bunch of presents, more cake, and lots and lots of fun with cousins. This was the first time that the boys had met Uncle John and Ashley. They started playing together like they had been around each other since birth. All the kids had so much fun together and for a minute when the 6 kids were running around I had a vision of 6 of OUR kids running that circle (shhh, don't tell Garth I said that!). Anyway, enjoy some pictures from both parties.

Jeremiah going down the slide at the zoo
Simon going down the slide

Jeremiah and Simon on the gorillas

Jeremiah helping me chop mushrooms for pizza

Simon wanted to help too

Jeremiah eating his requested birthday meal

His homemade (out of a box) birthday cake

Blowing out the candles

Jeremiah picked all the pieces for us. We got the 3 on the 2nd row and he got the single piece

Covering his eyes while I brought the gifts in

The sneaky, snacky squirrel game



Tractor bag with crayons and more stuff inside

Their new-to-them spider man pajamas

Googly eyes

New pants

A Nebraska football!

DVDs 

A Mater bubble mower

More toys

Simon got some presents too

The cake


David (whose birthday was today) and Jeremiah

Paul, David, and Natalie Tompkins

The boys wanted in this picture

Simon kissing Ashley

1 comment:

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman