Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

On November 5, 2010...

...at approximately 3:00 p.m. CST, Garth and I received the call that would forever change our lives...our REFERRAL CALL! If you want to know the whole story about that, click here. I received the email with our future sons' pictures and information a little later that afternoon and since I promised Garth that I wouldn't look at them before he got home, I tried to keep my mind off of what was sitting there (yeah, right). That was one of the hardest things I've ever done. Seriously. I was the kid who frustrated my parents because I always knew what Christmas presents were in the boxes before I even opened them. I. WAS. NOT. PATIENT. (Well, if I'm being totally honest, I'm still not very patient). After an ETERNITY, Garth got home from work and we opened the email together. My eyes scanned the words that were printed, not really comprehending them. I scrolled down....down....down through medical documents, orphanage documents, and FINALLY reached the pictures we were so anxious to see. Join me in looking at those pictures again just exactly how we saw them that fantastic day.

Simon and Jeremiah

This was the only picture we had for quite a while where Simon was kind of smiling

Jeremiah


I am sure Simon is going to LOVE the shirt he is wearing in this picture someday!





The boys still hold hands sometimes when they are in new surroundings, around new people, etc. It's so precious!




I don't know when those pictures were taken, but there is quite a difference between those boys and the boys who are with us today.

The boys in our new trailer

Big smiles


Simon in a new sweater

Jeremiah in his new sweater

Alligator Simon and Horsey Jeremiah

Waiting to pass out more candy to the kids
For all the ups and downs of the adoption process, it is faces like these that make it all worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Carmen--I loved this! I laughed out loud at the "glamorous" shirt. And love seeing the growth and change since the boys have been home. Love it! : )
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my heavens!!!! How much your boys have CHANGED!!!!! We think our lives have changed (or will change as in our case :) drastically through adoption, but seeing Simon evolve through pictures just reminds me that God is working in their little lives through the change adoption brings to them! I definitely remember the early pics while you were in country of serious Simon... SO amazed at his glorious smile since being with his forever mom and dad!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman