Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Homeschool supplies!

Many of you already knew that we were planning on homeschooling our kids but if you didn't, WE ARE HOMESCHOOLING! I am very excited about this next adventure and the boys are too. They are even MORE excited today, however, because we got some of our curriculum in the mail yesterday and we opened it today. One day I will blog about why we chose to homeschool our children, but for now I wanted to share what we got today. For our first year, I decided that a "curriculum in a box" was going to be the easiest for me until I get a year under my belt. Next year I might hand pick what will be best for the boys. This curriculum we decided on is from My Father's World. I got a few things that are geared towards preschool for Simon which include Number Puzzle Boards & Pegs and Lace & Link lowercase letters. For Jeremiah, we got the Kindergarten Deluxe Package as well as the Kindergarten Literature Collection. the Deluxe Package includes:
  • Teacher's Manual
  • My Father's World (MFW) Alphabet Flashcards
  • Kindergarten Student Sheets which include student pages, teaching charts, short vowel song cards, game cards, badge patterns, and monthly calendars
  • A-Z Textured Letters by Lauri
  • "What Really Happened to the Dinosaurs?" book
  • Butterfly Garden
  • Ant Hill
  • "For the Children's Sake" book 
  • Cuisenaire Rods: 155 plastic rods are an excellent hands-on tool for teaching problem solving and other math concepts. 
  • Cuisenaire Rods Alphabet Book
  • Say Hello to Classical Music CD
  • Inflatable Globe
The Kindergarten Literature Collection includes these books:
  • Moonbear's Shadow by Frank Asch
  • Little Bear by Else Holmelund Minarik
  •  I Am a Leaf by Jean Marzollo
  • How to Make and Apple Pie and See the World by Marjorie Priceman
  • Annie and Snowball and the Cozy Nest by Cynthia Rylant
  • The Tortoise and the Hare by Janet Stevens
  • Love You Forever by Robert Munsch
  • If the Dinosaurs Came Back by Bernard Most
  • Swimmy by Leo Lionni
  • Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey
  • The Bee Tree by Patricia Polacco
  • The Year at Maple Hill Farm by Alice and Martin Provensen
  • The Story of Ferdinand by MunroLeaf
  • Fritz and the Beautiful Horses by Jan Brett
  • Oliver by Syd Hoff
  • Tacky the Penguin by Helen Lester
  • Katy No-Pocket by Emmy Payne
  • Brian Wildsmith's Amazing Animal Alphabet by Brian Wildsmith
  • Stone Soup by Marcia Brown 
  • Little Jewel Bird by Lucy Ann Conley 
  • How to Hid a Butterfly and Other Insects by Ruth Heller
  • Frog and Toad are Friends by Arnold Lobel
  • The Tale of Jemima Puddle-Duck by Beatrix Potter
  • The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter
  • Mouse and Mole, Fine Feathered Friends by Wong Herbert Yee
  • The Color Kittens by Margaret Wise Brown
As we were pulling the books out, the boys immediately wanted to look at the 2 dinosaur books.  They will definitely enjoy those. They also have been having fun playing with the globe beach ball. We also will be getting some things from Handwriting Without Tears but they haven't arrived yet. That just gives us one more thing to look forward to coming in the mail! Here are a couple pictures of the curriculum.
Everything we got

The preschool activities and deluxe package minus the ball

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! We did MFW for kindergarten - you will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman