Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Created for Care, March 2013


Since we began our Ethiopian adoption in 2010, I had been hearing about the Created for Care retreats for adoptive mamas and how AWESOME they are. Seriously, they often sell out of spaces in a matter of hours. I have always wanted to go, but it was never the right time....until NOW! I'm so excited to share that I'll be going to the conference in March! This retreat is held at the Lake Lanier Legacy Lodge and Conference Center in Buford, Georgia. Click here to see the beauty that will be surrounding us while we are there. The retreat will be held Friday through Sunday but I'll actually be going on Thursday so I can hopefully see some family and friends who live nearby. To see what we'll be doing during the retreat, click here. The breakaway classes that I signed up for are: FUNdraising your adoption; Older Child/Teen Adoption-Helping the Older Child Connect, Heal and Grow; and Identity, Adoption and Racism: What America Taught Me about Me. Probably the BEST part about this retreat, however, is just fellowshipping (I know, not a real word) with other adoptive mamas! So far I know of 19 other mamas going to this retreat JUST from the America World Ethiopia program! I'm hoping to get to meet some people who have adopted from India too, but time will tell. If you are going or have gone, I'd love to hear your comments! What was your favorite part of the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman