Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Here we go again!

Welcome to the India Program!

At 1:49 p.m. today I was going through my list of things to take to Mom and Dad's for their 50th wedding anniversary when I saw this email come in.  My mood instantaneously went from frustrated that we hadn't left yet to absolute excitement! I literally screamed out loud and didn't even open the email right away. When I told the boys (who had been outside when I screamed) they both jumped up and down and shouted "YEAH!" and gave me big hugs. They are so excited about having more siblings. We have told them that they will for sure get at least 1 sister, but God knows who will fit into our family so the rest is up to Him. This time around we are requesting 2 siblings again with the ages being between newborn and 10 years old. The India program is new with America World which guarantees that there will be some changes as we move forward with this next adoption. Of course, NO international adoption is without its ups and downs.

So you may be wondering what our next steps are. Here is the list:

Please sign and return the following documents along with your initial program fee:
·         America World Adoption Agreement: India
·         Schedule of Fees: India Program
·         India Disclaimer
·         Client Grievance Procedure
·         Client’s Rights and Responsibilities
·         Family Service Plan 

Since this is our 2nd adoption with America World, we get a 10% discount on the program fees with them, which is nice. This time around, the initial program fee is $1980. Once we send that in along with the paperwork, we will be assigned a family coordinator and the true paper chase begins! 


I will update you more as our adoption progresses, but in the meantime, pray for us as we begin the process again to our next child/ren. We can hardly wait to see how God works through us and our family and friends this time around!

If you would like more information on the India program, click here to go to the America World website.

7 comments:

  1. I am SO EXCITED for you!!! I was hoping your good news was something along these lines. Can't wait to follow along with your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAHHHHH!!!! I am so excited to see this!!! Congratulations! : ) I can't wait to follow your journey! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO excited to follow you as well Carmen! We have a compassion daughter in India and the country just fascinates me.. so blog often! And congrats on your pregnancy of your daughter to be :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! How exciting for you guys. We can't wait to hear the story along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I was looking for others who are working on adopting from India and I found you! We are just beginning the process and have no children yet. I need to start a blog. Maybe we can chat sometime.

    Janie Hughes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Janie! I would LOVE to talk to you! What agency are you going through for your adoption? When we adopted our boys from Ethiopia we didn't have any children either so I can identify with your situation. Feel free to email me at cdruckenmiller (at) gmail (dot) com.

      Delete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman