Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Home study paperwork

Today when I went out to the mailbox, I saw a familiar-looking manilla envelope that I knew without even looking was from our home study agency, Nebraska Christian Services. In addition to the paperwork that we have to complete for America World, we also have to have a home study. The purpose of a home study is primarily to prepare the family of things that could come with adoption, allow us to ask questions, and to prepare us mentally and emotionally. I can remember how nervous I was the first time Cindy came to our house for our first home study visit. Garth and I spent an entire weekend getting it cleaned up for her. In all actuality, Cindy spent about 5 minutes looking at the house and the rest of the time talking to us. You can read about that home visit here. This time I'm not NEARLY as nervous. Cindy is very easy to talk to and has given us some great advice with the boys so I know she will do a great job with this adoption as well.

The documents that have to be completed for NCS are:
  • Contract form
  • Release of information
  • Monthly Income and Expenses worksheet
  • 5-6 references
  • Physical Exam for Children (1 form that we list both boys' names and our doctor will sign off on it saying they are healthy)
  • Physician's Report on Garth and me
  • Fingerprinting/background checks for Garth and me
  • Request for information from the Nebraska Adult and Child Abuse and Neglect Registry
The fees for the home study include:
  • Adoption Training and Education to be done online $139
  • Home study when adopting a 2nd/3rd child when NCS did original home study $500
  • Mileage when she comes to our house. This amount will be at current IRS rate for round trip
We will be going to Omaha on Friday to get our fingerprints taken so we will get that taken care of quickly. I also had my yesterday so hopefully my doctor will be able to fill out this other form from that. Garth's physical is on Friday so he'll be able to take both forms. I have also received my certified birth certificate so I was able to check that off my to-do list. YEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman