Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

They keep on growing

I just realized that I hadn't posted any pictures on this blog since July so it's time to catch you up on how big the boys are getting. Today, I went to the doctor to get my adoption physical so since we were there I had the boys' height and weight measured as well. The last time we had them measured at the doctor's office was in March. At that time, Jeremiah weighed 45 lbs. and was 42.5 inches tall. Today, he is 44 lbs. and 44.25 inches tall. Simon in March was 40 lbs. and 40 inches tall. Today he is 40 lbs. and 41.25 inches tall. At first I was surprised that they didn't weigh any more (and in Jeremiah's case lose a pound) but they have been doing a lot of running around this summer so probably just worked it off! Here are some pictures from the last few months.

Jeremiah and Simon on top of hay bales

Aren't they cute?

Simon is the king of the haystack!

Jeremiah and Granddad

Jeremiah and Simon

Jeremiah playing checkers

Simon with his pants inside out

Boys with silly hats

Dancing 

Simon's T-rex growl

Ready for bed

More dancing first

Jeremiah, Grandma, and Simon

Jeremiah and Simon at the O'Neill park

Me and my boys

Jeremiah and Granddad playing checkers

Grandma and Simon playing a matching game

Jeremiah and me playing Uncle Wiggly

Granddad and Simon playing the match game

When I went to check on the boys before going to bed on 8/20, this is what I found

Jeremiah and Simon...I love them soooooooo much!

Grandma, Simon, and Jeremiah

Eating watermelon

Taking a 4-wheeler ride

Jeremiah and Simon found 2 pairs of Granddad's sunglasses

Simon caught the first fish

Jeremiah caught the only painted turtle (though several of them ate our worms)

I caught the last fish

A contrast in moods

Sitting with me in the booth at the Burt County Fair

They still got to take naps under the table. They really can sleep anywhere...

When Daddy got back from work, they got to go play


Eating at my favorite O'Neill restaurant, Tia Zia, on Granddad and Grandma Kelley's 50th anniversary

Jeremiah climbing up the support beam

So then Simon had to too

Playing in the sprinkler at the park

Jeremiah making silly faces

Simon wearing Daddy's pants

Jeremiah, Simon, and their friend Gezahegne at the zoo

Simon riding the rhino

Simon smelling a rose

Jeremiah smelling a rose

Granddad and Simon

Simon and Jeremiah with a present from Lisa Manley, a Blessings Unlimited consultant

Opening 

This puzzle has 3 different sizes of pices. The inner circle is bigger pieces, the next one is medium, and the outer is small. It's called a family puzzle because all ages can do it together!


2 comments:

  1. I just noticed that Jeremiah's shoes are on the wrong feet in your banner picture... it made me smile. Boy, they sure have grown. Hope we actually get to see you in person sometime before they start high school. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yeah, that picture was taken last summer. I didn't realize they were on the wrong feet until AFTER all the pictures were taken.

      Yes, we want to see you too. Can you go to the pumpkin patch on October 13?

      Delete

Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel. I knew it from the start. The first time my angel smiled at me; I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel; This angel child of mine. Though not of my creation, My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel. My heart is dancing wild; Our family, by a miracle; Blessed by our angel child.

All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman